1⁄2 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 small garlic clove, minced
1-2 finely sliced spring onions, green and white parts separated
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 medium chilli, seeded, finely diced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely minced
3⁄4 cup chopped blanched green beans
11⁄2 cups shredded green cabbage
3⁄4 cup carrots, cut into julienne strips
1⁄2 cup coriander leaves
1⁄4 cup lime juice
1⁄4 cup tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
375g firm tofu, cut into 5mm-thick triangles
Cold-pressed olive oil
Quality salt to taste
Cracked black pepper to taste
1⁄4 cup coriander leaves
1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
1 medium red chilli, seeded, sliced (optional)
1⁄4 cup chopped peanuts (or cashews)
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until it’s chopped into pieces the size of a rice grain or you can grate the cauliflower instead.
- Spoon into a large bowl and add coconut oil and toasted sesame oil, garlic, onion, turmeric, chilli, ginger, beans, cabbage, carrot, coriander, lime juice and tamari.
- Toss to combine. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Brush tofu with a little olive oil, and sprinkle on salt (use a generous amount) and pepper.
- Heat a chargrill pan on a hot heat and cook tofu until marked with grill lines.
- Turn and repeat the other side. Remove from heat and set aside until ready to serve.
- Divide cauliflower rice onto 4 serving plates and top with tofu.
- Garnish with nuts, coriander leaves, sesame seeds and chilli slices (optional).