Luscious Plastic Free Lip Balm
Plastic is becoming an ever increasing problem, so what a better time to learn to make your own lip balm! Besides reducing your plastic consumption, you will also be sure to not have any nasty chemicals in your home-made lippy balm. Try our recipe now!
- 2-3 tsp Local Beeswax
- 2 tsp Shea Butter
- 3 tsp Coconut Oil or Macadamia Oil
- Optional: 5 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- Using the double boiler method with glass or metal bowls, melt the beeswax
- In another double boiler, melt shea butter, essential oils and coconut/ macadamia oils together
- When both oils have melted, and they are roughly the same temperature, pour the shea mix into the beeswax. Make sure not to get any water in the mix!
- Handy tip - don’t let any utensils touch the beeswax as it’s melting, it’s hard to get off! Quickly pour lip balm into desired container (before it hardens).
Lather on lips and dry skin spots for an instant moisturiser.
Recipe provided by Caitlin Weatherstone (B. App.Sc; M. App.Sc) of Life Wild Australia