This simple rosti recipe is quick to make, delicious and the rosti can be stored in an air tight container for up to 3 days. This recipe is like a gift that keeps on giving!
- 3 large potatoes, washed
- Handful fresh oregano leaves, stems removed
- 3 tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 free range eggs (for a vegan option use flaxseed and extra coconut oil)
- 3 tbsp ghee, or coconut oil
- Pinch Himalayan salt (to taste)
- Pinch cracked pepper (can add any other herbs or spices you desire – get creative)
- Peel and grate the potatoes. Place in a sieve and drain all excess water, squeezing with the hands. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the flour, salt, pepper, oregano leaves and stir well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the 2 eggs then pour over the rosti mix.
- Use your hands to combine all the ingredients together.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a non-stick pan over a medium-high heat.
- Once the oil has melted, add a small handful of the wet mixture and pat down into a patty-like shape.
- Fry until golden on each side, flipping every minute or so. Repeat steps 5 and 6 until all mixture has been used.
- Place the cooked patties on a piece of paper towel so that any excess oil is soaked up.
- Serve warm, topped with your favourite cheese, some sauerkraut and fresh herbs.
Don't forget these lovely rosti’s will last up to 3 days if stored in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy!