- 1 cup Aseel dates
- 1 cup coconut kefir
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- 1/3 cup cacao powder (and extra 1 tsp for serving)
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- Zest of 1 large orange (and extra 1 tsp for serving)
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp high quality salt
- Cut dates in half and put in glass container
- Pour coconut kefir over dates, cover container and leave in fridge to soak for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Drain dates and keep kefir liquid.
- Add all ingredients except kefir to food processor and blend until crumbly consistency. Add a little of the kefir liquid if required to add moisture.
- With wet hands, roll into walnut sized balls and place in container lined with parchment paper.
- Cover and freeze for 3-4 hours
- Remove from freezer and allow to sit for at least 10 – 15 minutes before serving.
Serve dusted with orange zest and cacao powder.