Organic Pepitas Austrian is Great as a snack with other nuts and seeds or added to salads and breakfast cereal. Organic Pepitas: High in zinc (therefore great for the male reproductive system), iron, calcium and phosphorus, Contains potassium and manganese, Protein with a good range of some amino acids, Over 50% unsaturated fat, Contains some B vitamins, vitamin E and essential fatty acids, Used for expelling worms. NOTE: Sprout ability is subject to the quality of each batch.
IMPORTANT NOTE TO THOSE WITH FOOD ALLERGIES AND INTOLERANCES: Due to our current packing facilities and those of our suppliers we cannot guarantee that our products have not come into contact with, or contain traces of other products that are, or contain allergens such as nuts, gluten, soy, dairy, egg, bee products etc.
Certified Organic: ACO
Country of Origin: Austria
For recipes click on this link: https://santosorganics.com.au/category/recipes/
Crunchy Choc Granola with Organic Pepitas Austrian
Diversity brings health and this granola does exactly that. Full of delicious organic ingredients and you can make a big batch up and be fulfilled for weeks.
- 3 cups organic unstabilized oats
- ½ cup organic shredded coconut
- ¼ cup organic chia seed
- 1/4 Organic Pepitas Austrian
- 3 tbsp organic psyllium husk
- 3 tbsp organic cacao powder
- 2 tbsp organic coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp organic cinnamon
- 1 tsp organic ginger powder
- 1 tsp organic nutmeg
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 cup raw organic walnuts
- ½ cup organic coconut oil
- ¼ cup organic maple syrup
- ½ cup organic goji berries
- ½ cup organic currants
- Preheat the oven to 175oC.
- Line 2 large trays with baking paper and set aside while making the granola.
- Using a large bowl, combine together the oats, coconut, chia, psyllium, cacao powder, coconut sugar, spices and salt.
- Chop the walnuts roughly and add them to the mix.
- Heat the coconut oil and maple syrup in a small pot. Stir continuously until runny, then pour over the dry granola mix.
- Use your hands to combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Spread the mixture evenly between the two trays and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Check the granola every 10 minutes, stirring it to ensure an even bake.
- The granola will be finished once the nuts have a dark blush to them.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and let sit to cool for an hour. Sprinkle the goji berries and currents on top.
- Transfer to an airtight jar or container and store in the pantry.
Serve on top of your favourite yoghurt alongside some fresh fruit, or gift a jar as a present for a loved one.