- 600g carrots, roughly diced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground hot cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1.25 litres filtered water
- 2 tablespoons quality salt
- 11⁄2 cups coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup pepitas
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup currants
- Place the carrot, sweet potato, onion, spices, garlic, filtered water and salt in a large saucepan and bring to the boil on a medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes or until carrot is soft and mushy.
- Remove from heat and add coconut milk.
- Blend soup with a stick blender until smooth and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, dry-fry sesame seeds, pepitas and sunflower seeds in a medium frying pan on a medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly golden, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- Remove from heat and allow seed mix to cool, then stir in currants.
- Divide the soup into bowls, then scatter with toasted seed and currant mix.
For more recipes and to purchase 'Passion' or ‘Hungry’ with over 150+ recipes go to http://organicpassioncatering.com/index.php/books @organicpassion (insta) https://www.facebook.com/organicpassioncatering/ https://www.facebook.com/AntheaAmore.author/