At least once a week I’ll have a tempeh burger. Delightfully easy and decidedly delicious, this is one of my standard lunches – especially when I’m working from home and I’m busy! It’s very satisfying, meeting my every need – lots of salad, a little bread or toast, some tempeh and a divine sauce. This is the ultimate Tempeh Burger!
- 250g block unpasteurized tempeh*
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut or olive oil, for sautéing
- 2-4 tablespoons tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 8 slices bread of your choice, toasted or fresh
- 1 medium avocado, quartered
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 medium beetroot, grated
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 12 cos lettuce leaves
Quick peanut satay
- Cut tempeh block in half, then slice each half to make 4 thin flat slabs. Heat the oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat and add the tempeh.
- Fry each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Add tamari, turning slices to ensure both sides are coated in the saltiness.
- Transfer tempeh to a heatproof plate until ready to assemble the burger.
Quick peanut satay
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender until smooth. Spoon sauce into a small bowl or jar and set aside until ready to serve.
Keeps in a jar with a lid in the fridge for 5-7 days.
- Place bread or toast on a flat work surface. Spread 4 slices with one-quarter of the avocado each and the remaining 4 slices with a generous spoonful of peanut sauce each.
- Top the avocado with a pile of carrot, then a generous serving of beetroot. Add 2-3 tomato slices next, followed by one piece of the tempeh and 3-4 lettuce leaves.
- Finish the sandwich with the bread or toast spread with the peanut sauce.
- Repeat with the remaining 3 burgers! Eat with two hands!
Shared with love by....
For more recipes and to purchase 'Passion' or ‘Hungry’ with over 150+ recipes go to http://organicpassioncatering.com/index.php/books
@organicpassion (insta) https://www.facebook.com/organicpassioncatering/ https://www.facebook.com/AntheaAmore.author/