- 250g almond meal
- 3 organic eggs
- 200ml nut milk of your choice, plus little more for consistency
- 3 tbls of local honey or coconut nectar
- 1tsp of vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp bi carb soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
Ingredients- Spiced Blueberries:
Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs and nut milk with honey and vanilla essence until well combined. In the second bowl combine almond meal with bi carb soda, baking powder and pinch of salt. Add wet ingredients when they are ready and mix together. Add more nut milk if the consistency of the bake is too thick.
- In a pan, glaze the berries with maple syrup, cinnamon and pinch of salt. If using frozen berries, defrost. Then heat up in the pan and caramelise in maple syrup.
- Pour the cake mixture in a baking tin lineup with baking paper. Then top up with the blueberry mix glaze. You can use any berries but blueberries taste extra well with cinnamon.
When ready, bake in the oven for approximately 20-30 min until the cake looks golden brown. When ready, remove from the oven and serve cake still warm. Serve with coconut yogurt or a dollop of coconut ice cream.
Blueberries are a powerhouse antioxidant and superfood. They help protect the body from free radical damage, prevent heart disease, regulate blood sugars, help to maintain good eye health and alleviate gastrointestinal issues.