This Roasted Capsicum & Macadamia Dip is the perfect starter for your day of festivities. When capsicums are roasted they let out a gorgeous sweet flavour and this pairs so well with creamy macadamia nuts and garlic.
Serve this dip with seeded crackers of your choice or fresh, raw, colourful vegetables and entertain away!
DF, GF, Vegan.
Ingredients - Dip:
- 2 large red capsicums
- 1 cup Santos Organic Macadamia Nuts (tip: replace with Pumpkin or Sunflower Seeds for nut free alternative)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt flakes
- Cracked black pepper
Ingredients - Platter:
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced with a couple kept whole
- 1/4 head of purple cauliflower, broken down into florets
- 1 small cucumber, sliced thinly lengthways
- 5 medium carrots, halved
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees fan forced.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the capsicums on the baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Use your hands to rub the olive oil all over the capsicums.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until blackened and soft.
- Remove the capsicums from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Halve the capsicums and place into a high speed blender along with the macadamia nuts and garlic cloves and pulse a few times to blend. Add a tablespoon of olive oil at a time if you need to add some more liquid to the blender.
- Allow the dip to remain slightly chunky from the macadamia nuts. Pour into a small - medium sized bowl, drizzle with extra olive oil and sprinkle with extra salt and pepper, fresh thyme leaves and crushed macadamias.
- Cover and keep in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Prepare platter with fresh veggies or serve dip with your choice of seeded crackers