These sweet potato patties with quinoa are so good I usually always double the recipe. They are just so convenient to have in your fridge. You can use them for kids' finger foods or lunch boxes, on the top of Buddha bowls, in salads, or in wraps. Packed with low glycemic ingredients and full of fibre and nutrients, these small patties are good alternatives to deep-fried food.
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
1 large sweet potato.
2 tbsp. olive oil.
4 tsp. garlic powder.
2 tsp. onion powder.
2 tsp. salt.
2 tsp. black pepper.
1 cup of quinoa cooked.
1 small onion finely diced.
½ cup rolled oats.
2 eggs OR 1:1 egg substitute beaten.
1 tbsp. olive oil.
1 tbsp. coconut oil melted.
2 tbsp. nutritional yeast.
¾ - 1 cup vegan or regular cheddar cheese grated.
½ cup vegan or regular parmesan cheese grated.
¼ cup fresh parsley finely chopped or any garden herbs.
Juice of one lemon.
Handful of spelt or buckwheat flour (for thickening).
You can find all your fresh produce ingredients at Santos Organics stores!
- Preheat the oven to 400F and prepare a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Peel and cut the sweet potato into large cubes, and spread it onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle half of the olive oil and half of the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper over top of the sweet potato cubes.
- Bake the sweet potato for 20 – 25 minutes until golden and tender enough to mash.
- Allow the roasted sweet potato to cool slightly and transfer to a large bowl.
- At the same time, prepare the quinoa and cook according to the package cooking instructions. Set aside.
- Mash the sweet potato, add the beaten eggs, and mix to combine.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients. Mix until perfectly combined.
- Using a medium-sized ice scream scoop or ¼ cup, form the mixture into 15 balls, flatten them, and lay them onto a sheet pan with parchment paper OR grease with coconut oil.
- Bake in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes at 400F until golden brown.
Make tahini sauce while you wait:
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add water 2 tablespoons at a time, whisking after each addition until smooth. (It may seize up, don’t worry.)
- After 6 tablespoons, you will have a perfectly creamy, smooth, light-coloured tahini sauce.
Enjoy with tahini sauce in any wholesome bowls or wraps.