This simple Lemon & Sultana Bundt Cake is light, moist and full of fresh lemon and juicy sultana flavour - not to mention an absolute show stopper to look at on the festive table.
Ingredients - Cake:
- 250g butter, softened
- 250g wholemeal wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 225g rapadura sugar
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 cup Biodynamic Sun-Dried Sultanas
- 4 large eggs
Ingredients - Lemon Syrup:
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- Juice from 1 large lemon
- Preheat oven top 180 degrees bake.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift in flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar and lemon zest with an electric beater until it turns pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the flour mixture and sultanas to the egg mixture and very gently fold the dry ingredients in being mindful not to beat the air out of the egg mixture.
- Use an oil spray of your choice to spray the inside of the bundt pan well. Coat it thoroughly.
- Use a large spoon to dollop spoonfuls of the batter into the bundt pan. Smooth the top of the batter so it is level.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 40 minutes or until a skewer is removed clean.
- Remove cake from oven and allow to cool in the tin for 10-15 minutes. To remove from pan, use cake slice or large flat knife to loosen around the edges. Place a wire rack to the flat side of the tin and slowly flip the cake tin over. Allow the cake to rest for 10 minutes before removing the tin.
- To make the lemon syrup, add the icing sugar, almond milk and lemon juice to a small bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Pour the glaze over the bundt cake when before serving.
- Store in a large container with a lid in either the fridge or at room temperature for up to 3 days.