- 3⁄4 cup dates pitted
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup raw macadamias
- 1⁄2 cup raw cashews
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1 fresh young coconut, optional but recommended
- 1 1⁄4 cups raw cashews
- 3 kiwifruit (210g), plus 1 for decorating
- 1⁄2 medium avocado (100g)
- 1⁄2 cup coconut cream, plus extra if it won’t blend
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1⁄2 lime, to make 2 tsp of juice and 1 tsp of zest
- 1 tsp spirulina
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla powder or 1 tsp vanilla paste
- pinch of salt
- Put the dates into a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to soak for 10 minutes.
- Drain the water and check for any pits. In a food processor, add everything except the dates.
- As the food processor is moving, drop in the dates one at a time, making sure there are no pits.
- Stop once it has become like a cookie dough.
- Divide the mixture into a silicon muffin tray with 12 holes.
- Flatten with the back of a spoon.
- If using a fresh coconut, cut open how you desire and spoon out the flesh, making sure there is no husk and set aside.
- Put cashews into a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to soak for 10 minutes. Rinse well under running water.
- Add everything into a blender and blend until smooth.
- You may have to stop every now and then to scrape down the sides and get the blender moving again. If it really isn’t moving, add a small amount more of coconut cream.
- Pour the mixture on top of the base, dividing evenly.
- Place it in the freezer until it sets (about 2 hours).
- Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving.
- Optional to decorate with a slice of kiwi