- 1 egg or vegan egg replacer
- 1/2 cup creamy natural almond butter
- 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or monk fruit sweetener
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Optional: Flaked sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients until smooth.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir in dry ingredients until combined, so no dry flour is visible. The dough will be quite thick.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop 2 tablespoons worth of dough and place on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Press with a fork to flatten.
- Sprinkle each cookie with some flaked sea salt and bake for 9-10 minutes until the tops start to crackle and are firm to the touch. The bottoms should be just slightly golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool fully.
- The cookies can be stored in an airtight container on the counter for 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.