GF, DF, Vegan.
- 1.5 cups kale, de-stemmed (or spinach, chard etc.)
- 1/2 English cucumber, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small lemon, peel removed
- 1 ripe banana, frozen
- 1 cup pineapple (frozen)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Green powder (depending on preference)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup cold, filtered water
- handful of ice (optional)
Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy.
Sometimes I add a small knob of fresh ginger or turmeric for a digestive aid and extra zing!
History & Benefits:
The Ocean has a lot to offer in terms of hidden superfood treasures. Read this article to learn more about the best superfoods from the ocean and the nutrients and benefits that they offer.