- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3 ½ cups nut or coconut milk
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Pinch of nutmeg powder
- Pinch of cardamom powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp raw honey (according to taste)
- Pinch of high quality salt
- 1 green apple with skin on, diced
- 1 tbsp macadamia nut oil
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp activated pecans, roughly chopped
- Coconut yoghurt to serve
- Add oats, milk, spices, vanilla, honey & salt to heavy based saucepan and mix until well combined.
- Heat over medium heat until gently simmering, stirring frequently
- Simmer for 10 – 15 minutes or until liquid has absorbed and you have a creamy porridge.
- While this is cooking, add apples, cinnamon and macadamia nut oil to a fry pan and cook over medium heat for around 10 - 15 minutes until apple is soft.
- Place porridge in serving bowls, top with a dollop of coconut yoghurt, sautéed apple & pecans and enjoy while nice and warm.