GF, DF, Nightshade free, Vegan.
- 2 1/2 cups (250g) Chana dhal (dry)
- 2/3 cups (180g) Olive oil
- 2/3 cups (140g) Warm water that was used to cook the Chana dhal
- 1/3 cup (100g) hulled tahini
- 2 1/2 tbsp (45g) Lime juice
- 1 clove (6g) Garlic
- 2 tsp (6g) Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp (2g) Cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tsp (8g) Salt
- 1/2 tsp (2g) Pepper
- Add dry chana dhal to a medium sized saucepan and cover with water (at least twice the volume of water to dhal). Heat over high, covered. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium to ensure a constant simmer. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until soft
- Strain the chana dhal and keep the hot water that was used for cooking (you will need it for the next step of this recipe)
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender (a food processor will also work but may not result in a smooth consistency)
- Start your blender on low speed and gradually bring it up to the high setting. Blend until smooth and creamy!
- Serve with crackers, on a sandwich or with some falafel
History & Benefits
Chana dhal are small chickpeas that have been split and polished, which means the chickpeas outer layer of skin has been removed. They cook a lot faster than whole chickpeas and soften much easier when cooking, which means they are perfect for making extra smooth and extra creamy hummus!
Santos Organics is proud to partner with Conscious Grounds Kitchen
This recipe was developed in collaboration with Conscious Grounds Kitchen expert team of chefs and nutritionists. Conscious Ground Organics is a certified organic farm and earth education centre in Byron Bay. Their philosophy is to bring compassion, love and healing through the food they grow, while the affiliated Conscious Ground Kitchen is dedicated to providing the most delicious, nutrient-rich food products for your home, because great nutrition is vital for a healthy lifestyle.