GF, DF, Nightshade free, Vegan.
- 600 gm / 3 cups Basmati rice
- 600 gm Peeled banana
- 33 gm / 3 tbsp Coconut sugar
- 4.5 gm / 1 ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1650 ml / 7 cups Water
- 470 ml / 2 cups Coconut cream
- 60 ml / ¼ cup Lime juice
- 180 ml / ¾ cup Black tahini
- 30 ml / 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- Pinch of Salt
- In a medium pot, combine rice with water, coconut cream, cinnamon and salt; bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, stirring regularly. Cook for 15 minutes or until creamy
- Mash 500g of banana with the lime juice, then fold into cooked rice
- Slice 100g of bananas diagonally and coat each side with coconut sugar
- Heat medium-large sized fry pan on medium heat and add 2 tbsp coconut oil or enough to lightly coat pan
- Place bananas sugar side down into the oiled pan and and cook until caramelised, soft and golden brown
- Top with caramelized bananas & black tahini and enjoy!
Santos Organics is proud to partner with Conscious Grounds Kitchen
This recipe was developed in collaboration with Conscious Grounds Kitchen expert team of chefs and nutritionists. Conscious Ground Organics is a certified organic farm and earth education centre in Byron Bay. Their philosophy is to bring compassion, love and healing through the food they grow, while the affiliated Conscious Ground Kitchen is dedicated to providing the most delicious, nutrient-rich food products for your home, because great nutrition is vital for a healthy lifestyle.