These mini vegan Pavlova’s taste exactly like the traditional version. Sweet, light and crispy with a soft, marshmallow centre.
Topped with whipped Chocolate Coconut Cream for a vegan and lighter cream alternative, these mini pavlovas make for an impressive dessert course.
DF, GF, Vegan.
Ingredients - Pavlova:
- 400g can chickpeas, liquid reserved and liquid kept in the fridge for at least 2 hours
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar (or sub for 1/2 tsp of vinegar)
- 1 1/4 cups (200g) pure icing sugar
Ingredients - Chocolate Coconut Cream:
- 2x 400g cans of coconut cream, placed in the fridge overnight
- 2 tablespoons Cacao Powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
Ingredients - To Serve:
- Fresh strawberries + dusting of icing sugar
- Drain chickpeas, reserving the liquid. Place liquid in a medium sized mixing bowl, refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees bake.
- Line 2 large baking trays with parchment paper.
- Beat chickpea liquid with electric beater on high. Mixture will triple and soft white peaks form (can take 10-20 min).
- Next add the cream of tartar and continue to beat until well combined. This will help to thicken the meringue.
- Gradually add icing sugar 1 tbsp at a time, beating for 10-15 min or until the mixture is thick and well blended.
- Place large spoonfuls of meringue mixture onto baking trays, leave 2cm between each as they grow in the oven.
- Reduce oven temp from 150'c to 100'c and bake for 1 hour.
- Then turn the oven off, open oven door halfway and allow the meringues to cool/harden in the oven at least 4 hours.
- For the chocolate coconut cream add the thickened coconut cream parts from the can to a medium sized mixing bowl, discard any clear liquid.
- Beat coconut cream with electric beater on high for 5 min.
- Add cacao powder and maple syrup and continue to beat for another 5-7 minutes until well blended and fluffy.
- Either dollop the coconut cream on the pavlova meringues straight away or cool in the fridge and add before serving.
- Serve with fresh strawberries and a dusting of icing sugar.