Suits: GF, DF, Contains Eggs*. Ingredients - Mung Beans Sprouts: 400g Dry Organic Mung Beans Water Ingredients - Pakora: 3 ½ cups (450g) Sprouted mung beans (see below how to prepare these) 1 ¼ cups (100g) Besan flour 1 ½ cups (600g)...
Boost Your Immunity Protocol
At Santos Organics some of our core values include wholeheartedness, oneness and integrity - which underpin everything that we do and who we are. We support you in your individual choices that you make about your own body. We also feel that supporting your immune system during these times is of the utmost importance.
Take a look at our suggestions below, written in collaboration with our Naturopaths. It may have some contraindications for some people, so please speak with your GP’s and/or one of our friendly Naturopaths at our Byron Bay and Mullumbimby stores for more information, or for a tailored plan to best support you.
This is to minimise the chance of having complications from a viral infection. This plan is taken before an infection:
Vitamin D3 1,000-5,000 iu daily. Vitamin D is almost totally obtained from sunlight. To obtain adequate levels ⅓ hour full body sun exposure per day is required. Vitamin D levels are a paramount factor in determining viral infection outcomes. It is recommended that vitamin D supplementation is continuous throughout the Winter months and when exposure to sunlight is limited. - Spray Vitamin D3 1000 IU up to 5 sprays/ day
Vitamin C - 500-1,000mg daily
Zinc 30-40mg daily
- Herbal immune support herbs like Astragalus, Echinacea, Rhodiola, Andrographis, Siberian ginseng. One of our friendly Naturopaths can custom make a mix for you.
- 200ml bottle would be sufficient for 2 weeks.
- Healthy wholefoods diet, sunshine, nature/beach walks, water, sleep and exercise.
- Reishi Medicinal Mushrooms for immune support
Upper Respiratory Defense
- Zinc lozenges 30-40mg daily
- Colloidal Silver as a nasal spray and gargle 3x day - 2 different spray options stocked at Santos Organics
Protocol For Acute Cases
Acute basic antiviral protocol at the first sign of infection or if in close contact with infected persons:
- Zinc 40-70mg daily
- Vitamin C - 500-1,000mg daily
- L-Arginine 1,000-3,000mg daily
- Andrographis 2 tablets 1-3x day
- Quercetin 500mg 2x day
- Vitamin D3 3,000-5,000 IU daily
- 5 HTP 100mg 2x day
- N-Acetylcysteine (NAC) 600-900mg 2x day
Remember that these tips may have some contraindications for some people, so please speak with your GP’s and/or one of our friendly Naturopaths at our Byron Bay and Mullumbimby stores for more information, or for a tailored plan to best support your personal needs!