About Santos Organics
Santos Organics is a pioneering environmental not-for-profit social enterprise using organic food and natural, ethical products to fund social and environmental projects. Operating in the Byron Shire for over 40 years, we are the original good food shop supporting our community with organic wholefoods and conscious shopping options, creating a positive impact on the health of our community and the environment.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Social Media & Marketing Assistant in a permanent part-time role at our beautiful Heritage listed head office in Mullumbimby. Starting with 16 hours p/week (across two or three days between Tues -Thurs), this role has the potential to increase to 24 hours as the role develops.
Our ideal candidate is someone who lives and breathes all things social media, storytelling and content creation and is passionate about the health food industry and keen to make a difference in the world by joining a not-for-profit on a mission to be the guiding light of conscious change for good food, harmonious living and environmental action.As our Social Media & Marketing Assistant, your key responsibilities will include:
- Creative copywriting, content creation and photography, graphic design, creative direction and support for events
- Create and implement SO social media strategy across all social channels incl. Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIN, YouTube and Twitter
- Create and manage social media ad campaign strategies
- Work with SO store managers and team members to create organic, engaging and unique content
- Develop and execute a social media calendar tailored to individual social platforms covering all aspects of the business (stores & cafes, eCom, wholesale)
- Respond to all comments, queries and feedback on social media/ public platforms in a timely manner
- Collaborate and nurture relationships with influencers to help grow our social media presence/ drive engagement and sales in-stores and online.
- Create engaging content and copy that can be utilised on socials and the SO website.
- Generate new and engaging ways to grow SO’s following and nurture SO’s brand collaborations, social channels and stakeholders
- Stay up to date with the latest social media algorithms, technologies and trends
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager and support with Marketing + Branding related tasks
- Oversee and Manage the Social Media Assistant’s weekly tasks
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Visual and Written Creativity
- Strong time management skills
- Highly organised
- A strong understanding of Santos Organics within the Byron Bay culture and our audience being a pioneer in the health & wellness, organic food and healthy ethical grocery market
- A strong understanding of our brand and how it can be marketed locally as well as nationally following current social media trends
- The desire to constantly produce creative and innovate content
- Minimum of 2-3 years' experience in Social Media Management or Marketing
- A proven track record of successfully executing social media content calendars and ad campaigns in related industries
- Photography/videography skills
- Video/photo editing experience
- Graphic design skills are a bonus
- Bring new ideas, fresh content and a true passion for social media (and e-commerce) to the role.
- Works well in a team environment and also independently - self-motivated
- Understanding of certain software programs - especially Canva and Later as well as knowledge of Shopify
- Team player with ability to also work independently
- Important to have a connection and passion for our ethos (health, sustainability, not-for-profit, local community, etc.)
Benefits and perks:
- An amazing in-store discount
- A free drink from our café each day you're on shift
- Investing in your professional development and growth
Australian Permanent Residency or Citizenship is mandatory.
Santos Organics is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome and encourage people from all cultural, ethnic, gender, sexual orientation and ability backgrounds to apply for positions with our team.
Reporting: You will be reporting to the Marketing Manager
How to apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter that outlines your suitability to the role and how your experience matches the skills and experience outlined above.
What happens next? Thanks for thinking of Santos Organics as your next workplace. We appreciate your interest, but unfortunately will only be able to get in touch with our shortlisted candidates. If we think you could be a good fit we will contact you to arrange an interview.