About Santos Organics
Santos Organics is a pioneering environmental not-for-profit social enterprise using organic food and natural, ethical products to fund social and environmental projects. Operating in the Byron Shire for over 40 years, we are the original good food shop supporting our community with organic wholefoods and conscious shopping options, creating a positive impact on the health of our community and the environment.
The primary focus of the Bulk Assistant is to support the Bulk Manager to manage all aspects of bulk stock, procedures and displays. In the Bulk Managers’ absence, you are to provide the first point of call for other team members’ issues and queries in regards to bulk products. Your main responsibility will be the smooth day-to-day operation of the bulk section by maintaining displays so stock is sufficiently stocked, fresh and of acceptable quality, ensuring displays are attractively presented and well-labelled, and making sure stock is managed to maximise profits and sell-through rates. You will provide excellent customer service and while engaging customers you will promote the local, organic, and superior quality and freshness of our bulk products.
The key responsibilities of the Bulk Assistant role include:
- Assisting in all bulk stock and procedures relating to bulk stock control, including purchasing and wastage
- Answering and assisting customers to the very best of your ability and knowledge
- Ensuring that all products made and/or sold are of the highest quality and freshness
- Staying up to date and informed on all Santos bulk products so that you can help recommend, select and locate the right product for the customers’ needs
- Comparing the prices of other bulk foods in other retail locations to inform management decision-making
- Training and educating Santos retail assistants (and any other Santos staff required), in all bulk products, systems and procedures used at Santos
- Ensuring that WH&S and Food Safety standards and legislation are maintained and followed
- Organising and maintaining the cleanliness of the store and the bulk department
- Ensuring that all systems and procedures for stock control are implemented and monitored
- Arranging and maintaining merchandise on display, ensuring labelling is clear and correct
- Implementing and monitoring all systems and procedures to reduce security issues, primarily in-store theft.
- Ensuring that WH&S and Food Safety standards and legislation are maintained and followed.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Experience with customer service and sales
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Enjoy engaging with customers and sharing information
- A passion for organic wholefoods, natural living, our community
Benefits and perks:
- An amazing in-store discount
- A free drink from our cafe each day you're on shift
- Investing in your professional development and growth
Australian Permanent Residency or Citizenship is mandatory.
Santos Organics is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome and encourage people from all cultural, ethnic, gender, sexual orientation and ability backgrounds to apply for positions with our team.
Reporting: You will be reporting to the Bulk Manager
Remuneration: General Retail Industry Award - Level 1
How to apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com along with a cover letter that outlines your suitability to the role and how your experience matches the skills and experience outlined above.
What happens next? Thanks for thinking of Santos Organics as your next workplace. We appreciate your interest, but unfortunately will only be able to get in touch with our shortlisted candidates. If we think you could be a good fit we will contact you to arrange an interview.