About Santos Organics
Santos Organics is a pioneering environmental not-for-profit social enterprise using organic food and natural, ethical products to fund social and environmental projects. Operating in the Byron Shire for over 40 years, we are the original good food shop supporting our community with organic wholefoods and conscious shopping options, creating a positive impact on the health of our community and the environment.
We are looking for a dedicated and committed Assistant Manager to help lead our retail teams across our 3 stores. The role is full time 5 days days per week and some weekends may be required.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about our mission to be the guiding light of conscious change for good food, harmonious living and environmental action. You also should enjoy providing distinctive customer service, sharing your product knowledge, being part of a team and helping grow the business.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Building friendly and professional relationships with your team to make a difference to the workplace environment and our customers’ experience
- Staying up to date and informed on all Santos products so that you can help recommend, select and locate the right product for our customers’ needs
- Supporting the Store Manager in making thoughtful and strategic decisions across all aspects of the store that reflect our mission, vision, values and ethics
- Supporting the SM to achieve budget requirements so we can keep working toward our purpose: To be a catalyst for a better tomorrow.
- Supporting the use of performance management strategies to influence others and initiate change
- Fostering teamwork within your store team so as to ensure effective systems, efficient processes and positive team morale
- Ensuring that all products made and/or sold are of the highest quality and freshness
- Ensuring that all systems and procedures for stock control are implemented and monitored
- Arranging and maintaining merchandise on display, ensuring labelling is clear and correct
- Following at all times WH&S and Food Safety standards and legislation
- Organising and maintaining the cleanliness of the store and/or department
- Implementing and monitoring all systems and procedures to reduce security issues, primarily in-store theft
- Daily cash-up and cash reconciliation
- Opening and closing the store
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Experience in managing a team in a retail environment
- Experience with customer service and sales
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Be able to consistently lift boxes up to 20 kilos, be on your feel for long periods of time and climb stairs and ladders regularly
Benefits and perks:
- An amazing in-store discount
- A free drink from our cafe each day you're on shift
- Investing in your professional development and growth
Australian Permanent Residency or Citizenship is mandatory.
Santos Organics is an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome and encourage people from all cultural, ethnic, gender, sexual orientation, and ability backgrounds to apply for positions with our team.
Reporting: You will be reporting to the Store Manager
Remuneration: General Retail Industry Award. Permanent Full time - Level 6 $25/hr neg. based on experience.
Why work for Santos Organics?
When you work for Santos Organics you will be joining a team who are pioneering the way that consumer spending can re-shape the food system, environment and our communities. We run on 100% renewable energy and are an environmental not-for-profit social enterprise. We also offer some pretty awesome team benefits including an in-store discount.
How to apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com along with a cover letter that outlines your suitability to the role and how your experience matches the skills and experience outlined above.
What happens next?
Thanks for thinking of Santos Organics as your next workplace. We appreciate your interest, but unfortunately will only be able to get in touch with our shortlisted candidates. If we think you could be a good fit we will contact you to arrange an interview.