Try this warming Ayurvedic porridge for a nourishing winter morning breakfast!
1 cup of organic unstabilised oats
2 1/4 cups of water
1 Tsp. organic Ceylon cinnamon
½ Tsp. organic cardamom powder
¼ tsp. Himalayan salt
2 Tbsp. organic black currants
2 Tsp. organic black chia seeds
2 Tbsp. organic shredded coconut
2 Tbsp. local raw honey
- In a saucepan add all the ingredients except for the chia seeds, coconut and honey these will be put on top at the very end.
- Bring the porridge to a bowl while stirring constantly, QUICK TIP I like to use a whisk to keep lumps from forming.
- Once the porridge has come to a boil then reduce to a low heat and simmer for 7-10 minutes, stir occasionally so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- While it is simmering you can toast your shredded coconut in a small frying pan do not add oil, bring your pan up to a high temperature then toss the shredded coconut in until it turns a light brown color, then remove from the heat.
- Once the porridge has come to a nice creamy consistency then take it off of the heat and serve.
I like to add some oat milk or almond milk on top, sprinkle your chia seeds and coconut then add a dollop of honey. This porridge also goes well with stewed apples and pears!
For more great recipe ideas and inspiration go to:
www.yummylara.com or Instagram: @yummylara / FB Lara Yakimishyn
For Consultations or Catering contact: Lara Yakimishyn on 0424 407 343 or firstname.lastname@example.org