Surprise your lover/loved one with the ultimate Valentine's day breakfast in bed recipe.
- 1/2 cup organic coconut milk
- 2 Tbs coconut oil, melted
- 2 large free-range eggs or vegan egg replacement
- 2 Tbs coconut flour or almond flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp beet juice or 1/4 tsp beet juice powder (I used Stardust longevity powder with beets, pomegranate, blueberries and strawberries)
- 1 Tbs organic extra virgin coconut oil for frying up the crepes
- Coconut Strawberry yogurt or Whipped coconut cream
- Chopped berries in heart shape for serving
Whisk the eggs, melted coconut oil, vanilla, beet juice or powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. Gently stir in the coconut flour or almond flour and coconut milk until your batter is well mixed. Let sit for 5 minutes while you heat up the remaining coconut oil in a non-stick crepe pan or small skillet.
When the pan is hot and coconut oil is melted pour in 1/4 cup of batter while quickly rotating and evenly coating the pan with the batter. Flip your crepe when it starts to bubble in the centre and cook for an additional 1 - 2 minutes. Repeat with your remaining batter until you have a nice little stack of pink crepes.
Serve with fresh cut berries and strawberry yogurt or a little coconut whipped cream.