DF, GF, Vegan.
- 1.5 cups medium grain white rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp rose water
- Pinch of salt
- Optional toppings:
- Handful chopped almonds
- Pomegranate seeds
- Place the rice into a heavy bottomed saucepan and rinse well under running water. Drain and repeat.
- Add 3 cups of water, turmeric, fennel seeds, rose water and a pinch of salt
- Bring to a boil on a high heat, allow to boil for 5 minutes - you may need to adjust the lid ajar to release some steam. Continue simmering for 10 or so minutes or until the water level is below the rice
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and keep the lid on. Allow the rice to sit for 10 minutes
- Fluff up with a fork, add optional toppings and serve with your favourite curry