GF, DF, Nightshade free, Vegan.
- 1kg Red beetroot cooked (steamed, roasted or boiled) and cooled, chopped
into medium sized wedges, roughly 3 x 3cm
- ⅔ cup Pecans, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup Sultanas
- ¼ cup Fresh herbs, roughly chopped (ex. mix of parsley, dill and
- ¼ cup Balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Tamari
- 1 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ⅛ tsp Ground black pepper
- To prepare the dressing add balsamic vinegar, olive oil, tamari, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper into a blender. Start on low speed and bring up to high until the oil and vinegars have emulsified completely. The mix should be smooth and glossy.
- Add red beetroot, pecans, sultanas and chopped herbs into a large bowl and add a portion of the dressing. Mix until all ingredients are well coated with the desired amount of dressing to your taste.
- Serve this salad as a side dish or a light main meal option with some feta or nut cheese crumbled on top. Enjoy!
- Any leftover dressing can be stored in the fridge for up to a month in an airtight container or jar. If the liquid has separated from the oil it can be blended again before use.
Santos Organics is proud to partner with Conscious Ground Kitchen
This recipe was developed in collaboration with Conscious Ground Kitchen expert team of chefs and nutritionists. Conscious Ground Organics is a certified organic farm and earth education centre in Byron Bay. Their philosophy is to bring compassion, love and healing through the food they grow, while the affiliated Conscious Ground Kitchen is dedicated to providing the most delicious, nutrient-rich food products for your home, because great nutrition is vital for a healthy lifestyle.