Velvety and thick, the sweet dark chocolate love just flows pleasantly down and warms up your insides from your lips to your belly. Snuggling up with a loved one or a good book makes the perfect setting for this nourishing, delectable rich chocolate elixir from the Gods. I do love a good hot chocolate. Slightly more bitter than sweet, lusciously thick and creamy, this one has hints of cardamom and cinnamon that take it to the next level! The superfood wild mushrooms chaga and reishi make this a dream brew for those seeking immortality! Both fungi are said to have benefits for longevity and super-powerful immunity. Chaga is rich in protein, good for eye and lung health and contains high doses of melanin (a DNA protector beneficial to maintaining healthy skin). Reishi is reputed to be excellent for memory function, good for the kidneys, helpful for cardiovascular health and beneficial for autoimmune issues and allergies. When did eating well become so powerful? And I haven’t even mentioned the power of consuming raw cacao! This is when the saying ‘Let food be thy medicine’ becomes meaningful.
- Coconut yoghurt (optional)
- Freshly grated nutmeg, for dusting
* You’ll find these ingredients at your local Santos Organics store or online
- Place cashews, soaking water and all other ingredients, except the garnishes, in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into a saucepan and gently warm through, stirring occasionally as the chocolate thickens.
- Pour into 4 mugs and garnish with a dollop of coconut yoghurt, if using, and a sprinkling of grated nutmeg.
Shared with love by....
For more recipes and to purchase 'Passion' or ‘Hungry’ with over 150+ recipes go to http://organicpassioncatering.com/index.php/books
@organicpassion (insta) https://www.facebook.com/organicpassioncatering/ https://www.facebook.com/AntheaAmore.author/