A simple recipe for the entire family, which is quick + easy + nourishing
- 1 package sea kelp noodles – an excellent source of iodine for healthy thyroid function and low in calories, with zero gluten
- 1 package silken tofu cut into small cubes (I actually like to use extra firm tofu, but silken is normally used in miso soups)
- Nori (sushi-type) seaweed cut into strips, as much as you like
- Few shiitake mushrooms – excellent to improve the immune system and fight against infections; fry to add extra flavour
- 2 long carrots – cut into julienne strips with a vegetable peeler
- 2 green onions – cut into julienne strips with a vegetable peeler
- 4 tablespoons miso paste – an excellent prebiotic for your gut
- 4 ½ cups filtered water
- Tamari, soy sauce or liquid aminos to taste
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- Chopped shallots to garnish
- Rinse the kelp noodles in cool water.
- Cut up the tofu, seaweed, carrot and onions
- Bring 4 ½ cups water to a boil. Remove from heat. Place ½ cup boiling water in a blender along with miso paste. Blend until smooth and all lumps are gone. Add miso mix back in with hot water.
- Arrange noodles, tofu, seaweed, fried mushrooms, carrots and onion in a serving bowl or individual bowls. Pour hot miso broth on top and gently stir with chopsticks or fork.
- Serve hot immediately with sesame seed and shallots garnish, and adjust flavor if desired with tamari or soy sauce or liquid aminos.
Enjoy with your beloved friends and family!