A festive vegan roast which will even satisfy a crowd of non-vegans, and looks incredible as your table centrepiece.
Raw cauliflower transforms into golden, caramelised deliciousness in the oven. Pair it with an abundance of rosemary roasted vegetables, and you have yourself a hearty, wholesome main dish that will feed the whole table.
DF, GF, Vegan.
- 1 whole medium cauliflower
- 5 large carrots
- 1/4 small pumpkin
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2 bulbs of garlic
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt flakes
- Cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 230 degrees fan forced.
- Trim the base of the cauliflower, keeping the leaves in tact so that the cauliflower will sit flat and upright.
- Fill a large saucepan 3/4 of the way with water. Test to see if there is too much water in the pot by gently placing the cauliflower into the pot (water should not overflow)
- Remove the cauliflower and place the saucepan on the stovetop over a high temperature.
- When the water is boiling, gently place the cauliflower head first into the water then reduce the temperature slightly.
- Allow to boil gently for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and gently pour the cauliflower into a large sieve or colander to drain well and cool down.
- Slice the carrots, potatoes and pumpkin however you please and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle generously with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove the small leaves from the rosemary stems and add to the mixing bowl. Toss the vegetables with your hands until they are all generously coated.
- Place the cauliflower in the centre of a large baking tray and surround with the vegetables.
- Half the bulbs of garlic and place on the baking tray.
- Drizzle the cauliflower head and the garlic bulbs with olive oil and sprinkle a generous amount of salt over the cauliflower.
- Bake in the oven for 30 - 45 minutes.
- Arrange on a large serving board or serving plate and decorate with any left over rosemary sprigs.