Ingredients - Bottom layer:
10 fresh Medjool dates, seeds removed
1 cup activated almonds
1/3 cup shredded coconut
½ cup hemp seeds
Pinch of Celtic sea salt
Ingredients - Middle layer:
2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight, and drained
Zest of 2 lemons
Juice of 1 lemon
½ tsp vanilla essence
½ cup coconut milk
Ingredients - Top layer:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight and drained
- ½ cup frozen blackberries
- ½ tbsp raw honey (or coconut nectar/maple syrup for vegan)
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¾ cup shredded coconut, pinch or two of high quality salt & more blackberries to serve
- Line a loaf tin with parchment paper
- Place all ingredients for bottom layer in food processor and blend until mix is crumbly and a little sticky
- Press this firmly into the base of the loaf tin, cover and place in freezer.
- Place all ingredients for middle layer in the food processor and blend, scraping down often, until you have a thick, creamy, smooth mixture
- Pour this on top of the base layer and return pan to freezer
- Place all ingredients (except shredded coconut) in food processor and blend, scraping down often, until mix is thick and creamy
- Cover pan and return to the freezer for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- Heat a heavy based pan on medium heat, add shredded coconut and toast for around 5 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Remove slice from freezer and let stand for 5- 10 minutes.
- Top with shredded coconut and cut into small or medium pieces.
Serve with additional blackberries.
Who needs artificial colors and flavours when mother nature offers all the colors of the rainbow with a plethora of nutritional benefits too! This raw, vegan, gluten free slice is a good source of many phytonutrients, dietary fibre and vitamin C.