- 1 cup quinoa, well rinsed
- 2 ½ cups filtered water
- 1 cup rocket or baby spinach
- ½ small red onion, finely diced
- ½ avocado, finely diced
- 1 stick celery, finely sliced
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 50g goat’s or cow’s fetta, finely diced (or cashew/macadamia cheese for vegan option)
- 1 bosc pear, finely diced
- ½ cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- High quality salt to taste
- Place quinoa and water in saucepan and bring to the boil over moderate heat.
- Allow to simmer for approx. 12-15 minutes until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender (add a little additional water during the cooking if required)
- Allow to cool
- Line a serving plate with rocket or spinach leaves
- Whisk the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt together.
- Gently mix the quinoa, onion, avocado, celery, walnuts, fetta, pear & mint and add the dressing mix. Place on the serving plate on top of the rocket/spinach.
Serve as a main meal or as a side dish.