- 2 cups almond meal
- ½ cup activated or toasted pistachios (and extra to top biscuits)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp ginger powder (and extra to sprinkle on top)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp high quality salt (and extra to sprinkle on top)
- 1 cup hulled tahini
- ¼ cup filtered water (or more if required)
- Preheat oven to 180C and line oven tray with parchment paper.
- Mix almond meal, pistachios, coconut sugar, ginger, and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla & tahini and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Add water as required to get a moist, crumbly dough that rolls easily into walnut sized balls.
- With damp hands roll balls and place on lined oven tray. Press each ball into a biscuit with your fingers or a spatula.
- Add 2-3 pistachios to the top of each biscuit
- Dust with a little salt and ginger powder
- Place in oven and cook for 12-15 mins or until golden brown
- Allow to cool on the tray
Serve with a warm cup of herbal tea or chai.