Ingredients:(If cooking the quinoa)
- Cup red quinoa (or 1 cup cooked red or white quinoa)
- 200-250ml filtered water
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, roughly diced
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons Moroccan tagine spice blend
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon hot cayenne pepper, or to taste!
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 litres filtered water
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200ml coconut cream or coconut milk, plus a little extra, to serve
- 2 tablespoons quality salt
- 1⁄4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Cracked black pepper, to serve
- To cook the quinoa, place in a medium saucepan with 200-250ml filtered water, cover and bring to the boil over a medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer quinoa, covered, for 10-15 minutes or until water has been absorbed and quinoa is 95% cooked.
- Remove from the heat, leaving the lid on so quinoa keeps cooking.
- Place the sweet potato, onion, garlic, spices and the 2 litres of filtered water in a large saucepan on a medium heat and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and blend soup with a stick blender.
- Add the coconut cream and salt, return to the heat and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Divide soup into bowls, adding about 1⁄4 cup cooked quinoa to each bowl.
- Drizzle with extra coconut cream, scatter with parsley leaves and sprinkle with cracked pepper... wonderful!
Tip: If using Australian white quinoa, rinse the quinoa to remove the naturally forming saponin (soapy) coating. It’s non-toxic but bitter tasting! Note: When cooking white quinoa, reduce cooking time by 5 minutes.
For more recipes and to purchase 'Passion' or ‘Hungry’ with over 150+ recipes go to http://organicpassioncatering.com/index.php/books @organicpassion (insta) https://www.facebook.com/organicpassioncatering/ https://www.facebook.com/AntheaAmore.author/