The winter lentil pizza crust. So delicious. Crispy on the outside, soft in the middle. You can eat the entire pizza all by yourself, and your happiness will not diminish by some kind of heavy feeling, a custom companion for traditional pizza time.
It is a really good recipe if you want to eat a bit healthier or just want to try something new and have lentils and spelt four in your cabinet. Lentils are also a good source of iron and folic acid if you are on a plant-based diet.
1/2 cup lentils soaked for at least 1 hour and cooked.
1/3 cup spelt flour
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon Italian spices (basil, oregano) or fresh garden herbs
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
pinch of chilli flakes
How to Prepare Lentil and Spelt Pizza Crust
- Preheat your oven to 220 C.
- Blend or mash the lentils with water, then mix all the ingredients in a medium bowl together.
- Press down the dough on a greased and layered tray to form a pizza base.
- Put in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Take out and cover with sauce and all your toppings.
I used chickpeas mixed with paprika, smoked vegan cheese (smoked flavours go very well with this style of pizza), fresh basil and extra cheese on the top.
- Bake for additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve with a side of green salad.
Find all your ingredients at Santos Organics stores or shop online!