- 1/2 cup grated zucchini, squeezed dry (measure first)
- 3/4 cup almond or peanut butter
- 1 egg or vegan egg replacer
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar, or granulated sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt, skip if your nut butter is salted
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2-3 tbsp cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp almond flour
Optional: handful of sugar free chock chips ( dark or white)
Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Add all the ingredients to a food processor. Blend until everything is well mixed and a sticky dough forms. Or mix by hand. Remove the blade and scoop heaping tablespoons of the cookie batter onto the prepared baking pan.
Bake until the cookies are puffed, and the edges are set, 8 to 10 minutes. Don’t over bake or you’ll miss out on the gooey brownie-like centre. Allow to cool fully on the pan before removing with a spatula.
Store in an air-tight container in fridge. If stacking cookies, place a layer of parchment paper or wax paper between layers to prevent cookies from sticking to one another. When ready to enjoy, garnish with a little sprinkling of powdered sugar (optional).