This breakfast is nourishing, filling and has a unique blend of sweet and savoury. Be creative with your placement of ingredient and everyone's eyes will grow upon the site of this delicious meal!
Optional but recommend toppings:
- 4 thick slices of fruit loaf, or brioche
- 1 free-range egg
- ½ cup almond milk, or any other plant based milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon, plus extra for topping
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 3 tsp butter or ghee
- 2-3 pieces of fresh fruit, (using whatever’s in season in your area)
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- Coconut yoghurt
- Blackstrap molasses
- Crack your egg into a large shallow bowl, and whisk using a fork.
- Add the milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and maple syrup and whisk until well combined.
- Place a slice of fruit loaf into the egg mix, letting it absorb the liquid like a sponge. Turn it over to ensure both sides are well soaked.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add a teaspoon of butter and let melt.
- Place your soaked piece of bread into the pan and let fry for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden.
- Repeat steps 3, 4 and 5 until all slices have been fried.
- Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon, coconut yoghurt, honey-comb, and slices of fresh seasonal fruit.