1 cup dried figs
1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
1⁄2 cup cacao powder*
1⁄2 cup sultanas
1 tablespoon maca powder*
1⁄2 teaspoon quality salt
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1⁄4 cup melted coconut oil
1⁄4 cup agave* (or maple) syrup (optional)
1⁄4 cup currants
120g 70% dark vegan chocolate, finely shredded (optional)
* You’ll find these ingredients at your local Santos Organics store or Online.
- Blend nuts in a food processor until coarsely ground.
- Add remaining ingredients, except currants, hempseeds and chocolate, and then blend until combined.
- All the fruit should have been broken down into a rough paste-like texture.
- Add currants and hempseeds and hand-mix with a spoon.
- Form mixture into 12 x 65g balls.
- Chill balls while you melt the chocolate. These balls are fantastic as they are, but to take it to the next level, dip in chocolate!
- Bring 2.5cm of water to a simmer in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Place the chocolate in a stainless steel bowl and set on top of the saucepan to melt (ensure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl or it will spoil the chocolate).
- Once 90% of the chocolate is melted, remove bowl from heat.
- Stir occasionally until the chocolate melts completely.
- Balance a ball on a fork and, using a spoon, coat the ball in the melted chocolate and place on a plate.
- Repeat until all the balls are coated in chocolate.
- Place in the fridge to set.
Serve chilled, as the texture is quite fudgy and chewy! Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 month.
For more recipes and to purchase 'Passion' or ‘Hungry’ with over 150+ recipes go to http://organicpassioncatering.com/index.php/books @organicpassion (insta) https://www.facebook.com/organicpassioncatering/ https://www.facebook.com/AntheaAmore.author/