- 1 cup organic arborio rice
- 1 cup raw organic beetroot, grated (about 2 large beets)
- 3 cloves organic garlic
- 1 organic stock cube (salt free)
- 1 handful dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt, or to taste
- 1/3 cup fresh organic sage leaves
- 1 heaped tbsp. organic ghee, or tasteless coconut oil for a vegan option
- 100 grams organic parmesan or pecorino cheese - or add a few teaspoons of olive brine (vegan option)
- Drizzle of truffle oil (optional)
- Rinse and drain the arborio rice and place in a medium sized pot. Add 500mls of water, the grated beetroot, 1 stock cube, and the porcini mushrooms, and bring to a boil over high heat. Chop the garlic finely and add to the pot.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and let simmer for every 5 minutes. The risotto will be cooked once all liquid is absorbed and rice is soft and plump.
- Once complete, stir through the pecorino cheese and salt, then leave aside whilst preparing the sage leaves. (Note: If liquid is absorbed before rice is soft then add half a cup of water and stir through.)
- Prepare the sage topping by heating a small pan over a high heat. Add the ghee to the pan and let melt.
- Once runny, throw in the sage leaves and stir for 5 minutes until leaves harden and are close to crunchy.
Spoon the beetroot risotto between two bowls, drizzle a little truffle oil on top then sprinkle the ghee infused leaves to garnish.