Turn a simple baked potato into a work of art! This is the easiest meal in the world to make and always immensely enjoyable, another of my go-to recipes when times are busy. Stick some washed sweet potatoes (or normal potatoes) in the oven, whip up a cashew hummus in your high-speed blender and prepare the salad. By the time the potatoes are cooked, you’re ready to eat a wonderful, nutritious meal. Too easy!
Ingredients: 4 medium-to-large sweet potatoes, washed
Turmeric cashew hummus: Makes: 450-500g
- 1 cup cashews
- 1⁄2 cup filtered water
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup hulled tahini
- 5cm fresh turmeric root or 1 teaspoon ground dried turmeric
- 1 teaspoon quality salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 medium golden beetroot, grated
- 1 medium purple beetroot, grated
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup baby salad leaves, to serve
- 12-16 cherry tomatoes, to serve
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unpasteurised apple cider vinegar*
- 1⁄2 teaspoon quality salt
- 1 tablespoon agave (or maple) syrup*
* You’ll find these ingredients at your local Santos Organics store or online.
1. Preheat oven to 200°C fan forced.
2. Prick each sweet potato a couple of times.
3. Place them on a flat baking tray and bake for 45-50 minutes or until soft.
4. Meanwhile, whiz up the turmeric hummus and prepare the beetroot salad and the mustard dressing.
Turmeric cashew hummus:
1. Place all the hummus ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Spoon hummus into a bowl and set aside until ready to serve.
Heirloom beetroot salad:
1. Combine all the salad ingredients together (except the baby salad leaves and cherry tomatoes) in a medium bowl and toss until thoroughly mixed.
2. Set aside until ready to serve.
Yellow mustard dressing:
1. Place all the dressing ingredients into a jar with a lid and shake vigorously until well combined.
2. Pour into a nice serving jug.
1. Spoon a generous dollop of hummus onto the centre of 4 serving plates, then run the back of a spoon through the hummus to flatten it out.
2. Top with a baked sweet potato; split potato down the middle.
3. Place a generous clump of beetroot salad on each potato, top with baby lettuce leaves and cherry tomatoes, and serve with the dressing on the side.