These delicious pancakes make the perfect breaky treat. They’re vegan but offer all the comfort and satiation of a milk and egg-based pancake, and they are also Ayurvedically friendly; warm, light and easy to digest. The addition of the almond meal gives them a lower GI… giving you sustained energy until lunchtime. See below for a gluten-free option.
- 1⁄2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup spelt flour
- 2 tsp almond meal
- 1 & 1⁄2 cups water (or a little less)
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Ghee for cooking
- Mix all ingredients into a batter except the ghee. Heat a non-stick pan on a medium-high flame.
- Pour enough batter to make a small pancake (about 3⁄4 of a ladle).
- Add a little ghee around the edge of the pancake and cook until the top of the pancake is almost dry then turn and cook for another 30 seconds or so.
- Serve with maple syrup and fruit or berries of choice.