About Santos Organics
Santos Organics is a pioneering environmental not-for-profit social enterprise using organic food and natural, ethical products to fund social and environmental projects. Operating in the Byron Shire for over 40 years, we are the original good food shop supporting our community with organic wholefoods and conscious shopping options, creating a positive impact on the health of our community and the environment.
We’re looking for a driven and organised eCommerce & Marketing Manager to join our administration team. This role is permanent part-time, but has the potential to be a full-time role depending on candidate qualifications and preference (flexible to discuss options).
As the Ecommerce & Marketing Manager at Santos Organics, you are responsible for the brand, planning, management and promotion of Santos Organics as well as the online sales of our products. This role holds accountability for the marketing strategy, management and implementation of the organisation in line with the marketing objectives and KPI’s. Through focusing on consistent, strategic and aligned communications the eCommerce & Marketing Manager is responsible for ensuring internal and external stakeholders have a good understanding about who we are, what we do and why. You will oversee the look and feel of the Santos Organics website and are responsible for generating sales via our online channels. You will work with the warehouse manager, marketing assistant, to maintain and update website design and structure to improve transaction quality and traffic acquisition.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, you will be a leader who can easily communicate effectively to all key stakeholders of the business including the Board of Directors and working closely with our Store Managers, eCommerce Manager, and other department heads, this role is dynamic and hands-on with end-to-end accountability across the marketing function.
The key duties of the eCommerce & Marketing Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Daily site maintenance inclusive of copywriting product descriptions, reviewing copy and legal disclaimers to verify their accuracy, image preparation and banners, etc.
- Manage our Shopify site with a focus on driving business profitability by improving conversion, traffic, optimisation and customer experience.
- Analyzing traffic to inform website maintenance, the effectiveness of marketing strategies and examine sales-related metrics to inform restocks.
- Oversee or directly manage digital marketing channels across PPC, SEO, Display, affiliates and manage CRM, EDM and social media
- Devise, plan and execute annual external marketing programs to strengthen the Santos Organics brand across all online and print platforms; social media, media releases, print media, online etc.
- Organise, design and distribute content, production and distribution of all marketing and publicity materials in line with Brand Charter Document & Brand Policy Guidelines (online, posters, program, flyers, mail outs, brochures etc)
- Develop, strengthen and manage partnership arrangements and agreements that relate to marketing / PR
- Lead and manage the eCommerce & Marketing team in a way that achieves strategic plan objectives that pertain to your role
- Ensure all team activities are in line with organisational vision and our culture code
- Plan and execute Strategic Plan relating to Branding, Marketing and External Communications
- 5+ years in an eCommerce or Marketing role, ideally in a retail environment
- Bachelor’s degree or above in marketing, eCommerce, communications, advertising, or a related field highly regarded but not essential
- Strong business acumen with the confidence to exercise good judgment and consideration of commercial implications
- Proven ability to meet targets and implement sales strategies and initiatives.
- Highly developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional internal and external stakeholder management skills
- Ability to multitask and perform well under pressure
- Creative with strong attention to detail
- Proven skills in project & campaign management
- Analytical with a problem-solving attitude
- Work well both independently as well as a part of a team
- Working knowledge of G-suite (incl Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides), Trello, Canva, Shopify, Klaviyo, and Later for social scheduling
- Important to have a connection and passion for our ethos (health, sustainability, not-for-profit, local community, etc.)
Benefits and perks:
- An amazing in-store discount
- A free drink from our café each day you're on shift
- Investing in your professional development and growth
Australian Permanent Residency or Citizenship is mandatory.
Santos Organics is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome and encourage people from all cultural, ethnic, gender, sexual orientation and ability backgrounds to apply for positions with our team.
Reporting: You will be reporting to the General Manager
How to apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com along with a cover letter that outlines your suitability to the role and how your experience matches the skills and experience outlined above.
What happens next? Thanks for thinking of Santos Organics as your next workplace. We appreciate your interest, but unfortunately will only be able to get in touch with our shortlisted candidates. If we think you could be a good fit we will contact you to arrange an interview.