Chewy Chocolate Bark
This absolutely delicious chocolate bark will have everyone druelling. Healthy, delicious and looks amazing!
- 1⁄2 cup organic cacao butter
- 3⁄4 cup organic coconut oil
- 2 tbsp organic maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp organic cacao powder
- 1/3 tsp organic cinnamon
- pinch Himalayan salt
FRUIT AND NUT MIX:
- 1⁄2 cup organic dried mulberries, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup organic cashews
- 1⁄4 cup organic shredded coconut
- 1⁄4 cup raw organic pistachios
- 2 tbsp bee pollen (optional)
1. To melt the chocolate, combine all chocolate ingredients in a small saucer over low heat. Stir consistently until well combined – it will be ready once smooth and runny. Be careful not to burn the chocolate. The heat needs to be really low. If your stove top has trouble staying at a consistent low temperature make a double boiler by filling a saucepan with an inch of water and then placing a bowl inside (with the ingredients in the bowl). That way the ingredients are another level away from the heat and melt due to the hot water underneath the bowl.
2. Take off the heat and let sit to cool for 10 minutes whilst preparing the fruit and nut mix.
3. Using a large separate bowl, mix the chopped organic dried mulberries, organic coconut, chopped pistachios, and bee pollen. Keep a little bee pollen to sprinkle on top.
4. Once complete, add the majority of the crunchy mix to the saucer (leaving one handful to sprinkle on top).
5. Stir well to combine the crunchy mix with the chocolate sauce.
6. Lay a medium-sized baking dish with baking paper.
7. Pour the chewy choc mixture in, spreading evenly with a spoon.
8. Sprinkle the remainder of the fruit and nut mix on top (and the bee pollen) and place in the freezer for three hours, or until completely hard.
9. To serve, remove from freezer, break into small rough pieces and eat whilst cold.