Makes: 2 servings
Suits: GF, DF, Vegan
Preparation time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- ⅓ cup uncooked brown basmati rice
- ¼ onion, cut into Asian-style crescents
- 1 tbsp Green Curry Paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 bok choy plants, sliced lengthwise
- 100g firm tempeh, cut into cubes
- ½ a red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 small-medium zucchini, thinly cut lengthwise then sliced diagonally
- 1 medium-sized carrot, thinly cut lengthwise then sliced diagonally
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or wheat free tamari
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- ¼ bunch Thai basil
- ½ kaffir lime leaf, sliced super thin
- ¼ red chilli, sliced (if desired)
- ½ lime
- ½ cup coriander sprigs
- For the rice: Place the rice in a pot with 1 cup of water. Bring it to the boil then reduce the heat to low, cover with a lid and cook until water is absorbed, about 15mins. Fluff with a fork and cover with lid until ready to serve.
- For the curry: Heat a pot on a high heat, add the onions and sauté for a minute. Add the green curry paste and stir.
Add a little bit of the plant milk and stir. Add the rest of the milk, the water, tempeh, capsicum, carrots, zucchini, 1/2 the kaffir lime leaves and Thai basil. Stir in the soy sauce and coconut sugar. Bring to the boil. After 1-2 minutes, add the bok choy and stir through to cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the lime juice and stir.
- To serve: Place the cooked rice in a bowl, add the curry on top, add some coriander sprigs, the remaining sliced kaffir lime leaf, sliced chilli, and serve.
Santos Organics is proud to partner with Adam Guthrie
This recipe was developed in collaboration with Adam Guthrie from I Feel Good. I Feel Good is a resource created by professional chef Adam Guthrie to assist those looking to add more plants to their day for better health, have more energy, lose weight and help prevent and even reverse lifestyle diseases such as heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, type 2 diabetes and auto-immune disease. Prior to going plant based, Adam at the age of 39, was obese and had a heart attack which inspired him to change his life and bring I Feel Good to life to help others.