Get your greens any way you can! This Mango & Basil Smoothie contains kale, parsley, basil, and mango sweetens it and makes it so delicious. The mango and basil thing is quite an odd pairing in some ways but these really complement each other quite naturally. It’s the perfect clean-tasting, cleansing summer breakfast smoothie.
I like my smoothies made with water as it lets the pure simple flavours stand out – which is different from using milks such as soya, oat, almond, coconut, rice, and so on that will alter the overall taste of your smoothie.
But experiment to see what you like best!
Makes: 4 small smoothies (250ml each)
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 500g fresh or frozen mango, chopped
- 2-3 basil leaves
- 2 kale leaves, bulky stem removed, chopped roughly
- 3 cup lemon juice
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 500ml filtered water
- 2 passionfruit, halved, pulp removed
- Place all the ingredients, except the garnish, in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with passionfruit pulp.
This golden-green smoothie is for the heart! It’s so alive with goodness!
Shared with love by….
Anthea Amore, Organic Passion Catering
For more recipes and to purchase ‘Passion’ or ‘Hungry’ with over 150+ recipes go to