Creamy, vegan and delicious. This simple Vegan Pesto recipe is great for the whole family and good for any time of day.
Makes 2 cups.
- 2 packed cups fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup/150ml extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup pine nuts
- ½ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- ¼ cup/65 ml fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- Using a food processor, combine all of the ingredients and blend together.
- Once smooth, remove from processor and pour into an airtight jar.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice on top to prevent the pesto from browning due to oxidizing.
Serve on a hot bed of pasta, or as a spread on bruschetta with feta and tomatoes.
NB: This pesto will last for up to a week if kept in airtight jar in the fridge.