If you’ve never had cauliflower ‘rice’, I strongly urge you to try this dish. It makes a lovely light and nutritious
lunch (or dinner) that is super-simple and quick to make. It’s delicious eaten raw in warmer months, and just
as nutritious and vital if it’s gently warmed when the weather is cold. Raw or warmed, with or without tofu,
this is a hugely satisfying dish on all levels.
Makes: 2-4 serves
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
1⁄2 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 small garlic clove, minced
1-2 finely sliced spring onions, green and white parts separated
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 medium chilli, seeded, finely diced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely minced
3⁄4 cup chopped blanched green beans
11⁄2 cups shredded green cabbage
3⁄4 cup carrots, cut into julienne strips
1⁄2 cup coriander leaves
1⁄4 cup lime juice
1⁄4 cup tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
375g firm tofu, cut into 5mm-thick triangles
Cold-pressed olive oil
Quality salt to taste
Cracked black pepper to taste
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until it’s chopped into pieces the size of a rice grain or you can grate the cauliflower instead.
- Spoon into a large bowl and add coconut oil and toasted sesame oil, garlic, onion, turmeric, chilli, ginger, beans, cabbage, carrot, coriander, lime juice and tamari.
- Toss to combine. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Brush tofu with a little olive oil, and sprinkle on salt (use a generous amount) and pepper.
- Heat a chargrill pan on a hot heat and cook tofu until marked with grill lines.
- Turn and repeat the other side. Remove from heat and set aside until ready to serve.
- Divide cauliflower rice onto 4 serving plates and top with tofu.
- Garnish with nuts, coriander leaves, sesame seeds and chilli slices (optional).
Tip In the cooler months, you can serve cauliflower rice warm.
Lightly stir-fry to retain maximum crunch and nutrients and top with warm tofu.
Shared with love by….
Anthea Amore, Organic Passion Catering
For more recipes and to purchase ‘Passion’ or ‘Hungry’ with over 150+ recipes go to