The hearty goodness of broccoli mixed with the zesty and fresh overtones of lemon and parsley bring you a delicious winter soup to nourish the body and delight the whole family.
- 1½ medium heads broccoli, stems and florets separated, roughly chopped
- 3–4 medium potatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 medium garlic clove, whole
- 1 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley, leaves and stems separated
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 4½ cups filtered water
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 tsp quality salt*
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- Place broccoli stems, potato, onion, garlic, parsley stems and just enough filtered water to cover in a saucepan. Cook for 15–20 or until the ingredients are soft.
- Add broccoli florets and simmer for another 5–7 minutes until broccoli is just cooked and still green. Add parsley leaves and zest. Simmer for2–3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend with a stick blender until smooth and creamy. Add more water until soup is of the desired thickness.
- You can make it thicker in winter and thinner in summer.
- Enjoy a bowl of nutritious goodness year-round – of course, it tastes divine, too!
Shared with love by….
Anthea Amore, Organic Passion Catering
For more recipes and to purchase ‘Passion’ or ‘Hungry’ with over 150+ recipes go to