Organic Soup Mix is a great hearty, warming mix of legumes, high in protein and pearl barley. A source of Protein and a great source of Dietary Fibre.
Perfect for any of your favourite soups, casseroles or stews.
Mixture contains Pearl Barley, Moong Dhal, Split Peas, Lentils.
Certified Organic: ACO
Country of Origin: Local and Imported
For Recipes click on this Link: https://santosorganics.com.au/category/recipes/
Use them to make Nonna’s Lentil, Fennel & Celery Soup
Every other Saturday during my childhood, we would have this soup or a variation of it – sometimes with angel-hair noodles or egg stirred through it. I’ve always called it my Nonna’s soup, as it reminds me of her every time I eat it. It’s a regular wintertime soup on my menu. I usually double the recipe (adding extra salt to taste) and eat it over a couple of days for lunch and dinner. It’s really one of my favourites! I love the clear fennel-scented cleansing broth with droplets of olive oil coating on top and the fragrant taste of freshly cracked pepper. The lentils make this a protein-rich meal, a simple Sicilian soup that is hearty and nourishing. The best!
- 1 cup whole red or green lentils
- 2 cups chopped celery, stems and a few leaves
- 2 cups chopped fennel, bulb and feathery tips
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian herbs
- 2.5 litres filtered water
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 tablespoon quality salt, or to taste
- Extra quality salt and cracked black pepper, to serve
Shared with love by….
Anthea Amore, Organic Passion Catering
For more recipes and to purchase ‘Passion’ or ‘Hungry’ with over 150+ recipes go to