About Santos Organics
Santos Organics is a pioneering not-for-profit environmental organisation using organic food and natural products to fund social and environmental projects. To date, we have donated over $250,000 to local environmental and community projects. Operating in the Byron Shire for over 40 years we are the pinnacle of our community food system, creating a positive impact on the health of our community and the environment.
We are seeking an organised and dynamic 2nd Warehouse Assistant to support operations at the Santos Organics Warehouse. You will work with an energetic team committed to providing excellent customer service as part of the business-to-business (B2B), eCommerce, and intracompany branches of the company. Primary duties include processing intracompany orders, performing daily deliveries, and cleaning.
This position involves contact with customers via email, over the phone, and face-to-face and therefore a high level of customer service is required. You are responsible for setting the tone and public perception of Santos Organics, and every effort must be taken to ensure that all customers are satisfied and happy by being professional, friendly, and helpful.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the processing of stock shipments, including picking, packing, invoicing, labelling, and dispatching all orders
- Maintaining accurate records in relation to all aspects of stock
- Ensuring timely delivery of goods to our cafes, shops, and local B2B customers (4 days per week)
- Performing regular cleaning duties
- Providing excellent customer service including answering phone calls, processing messages, and face-to-face service
- Following WH&S requirements
- Following forklift procedures if applicable
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills, knowledge, and attributes:
- Well organised with excellent attention to detail
- A friendly and engaging customer service style
- Energetic and physically fit (lifting of 25kg regularly required)
- Working knowledge of Google Drive, Excel, and DEAR inventory management system is desirable
- Forklift licence desirable
- Driver’s licence essential
Benefits and perks:
- An amazing instore discount
- A free drink from our cafe each day you're on shift
- Investing in your professional development and growth
- Australian Permanent Residency or Citizenship is mandatory.
Santos Organics is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome and encourage people from all cultural, ethnic, gender, sexual orientation, and ability backgrounds to apply for positions with our team.
Reporting: You will be reporting to the Warehouse Manager.
Remuneration: Retail Level 1 - Casual, plus superannuation. If the applicant has a forklift licence they would be eligible for Retail Level 2 - Casual, plus superannuation. The position is casual, however the option to convert to permanent part-time will be offered after 12 months (24hours per week over 4 days).
How to apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter that outlines your suitability for the role and how your experience matches the skills and experience outlined above.
What happens next? Thanks for thinking of Santos Organics as your next workplace. We appreciate your interest, but unfortunately will only be able to get in touch with our shortlisted candidates. If we think you could be a good fit we will contact you to arrange an interview.