We are looking for an experienced Kitchen Assistant to join our team at our Mullum kitchen. This role is 2 days per week with the option to increase to 5 days per week in September.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about our mission to be the guiding light of conscious change for good food, harmonious living and environmental action. You also should enjoy sharing your food knowledge, being part of a team and helping to grow the business.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Food handling safety standards are governed under the Food & Safety Health Act therefore at all times you must be aware of your obligations with all food preparation.
- Zero waste practices and guidelines in place and practised by all.
- Ensuring that all products made are of the highest organic quality and freshness.
- Food choices provided meet dietary requirements including vegan, dairy free, gluten free and paleo.
- Food production utilises as much as possible the seconds provided by the fruit and vegetable department.
- Ensuring that the preparation area is kept safe, clean and in good order during hours of food preparation.
- Recording any food waste on the appropriate forms provided.
- Organising and maintaining the cleanliness of the food preparation front and back of house.
- Safe food handling practices are exhibited throughout all food preparation.
- Following all reasonable directions in regards to work tasks issued by management.
- Ensuring WH&S and FH&S standards and legislation are met, maintained and followed.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Experience in a kitchen environment
- Enjoy working in a team environment
*Please note in this role you will be on your feet for extended periods of time and will need to lift bulk bags/containers of food
Reporting: You will be reporting to the Kitchen Supervisor
Remuneration: General Retail Award - Level 1, Permanent Part-time or casual
How to apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter that outlines your suitability to the role and how your experience matches the skills and experience outlined above.
What happens next? Thanks for thinking of Santos Organics as your next workplace. We appreciate your interest, but unfortunately will only be able to get in touch with our shortlisted candidates. If we think you could be a good fit we will contact you to arrange an interview.